We’ve just launched our new subscription pricing model to make it simpler to use and understand. Check out the side by side screen shot of the old with the new:
If you’re an existing user your price will remain the same until your subscription expires. Overall prices will go up slightly for some of our users and overall it represents a 15% price increase, however you get a lot more for the price you pay. Some of our luckier users will find that their price actually goes down.
Why we’ve changed our price model?
- The old pricing model was unintuitive and unclear.
- The cost of datamining is a lot more than when we started in 2006 due to there being more traffic, sites, patches, and other factors.
- We need to invest in new hardware to continue add more sites and improve coverage.
How the new pricing model works?
- You buy a group of limits (either small stakes, medium stakes, high stakes).
- You can select as many limits as you want in your limit group and up to one site free of charge.
- Each additional site after the first site has a fixed cost which changes depending on if you are small, medium or high stakes.
- There is no additional charge for 6 max, full ring or heads up.
How will this affect our existing users with subscriptions?
- All existing users will be able to use the old pricing model and tools until September 14th.
- After September 14th users will be able to continue to modify their subscription with the old prices but not put any more money toward the old subscription.
- When the subscription runs out users will automatically be converted to the new subscription model and prices.
Give me an example!
So lets say John has bought a $50NL subscription for 3 months and it will run out January 1st 2012. John can:
- Buy more service at the existing price until September 14th (up to 12 months).
- After September 14th he can continue to modify his subscription and will be using the old prices.
- When his subscription runs out on January 1st he will start using the new prices and payment model.
If you have any questions email us – we’d love to help you,
The entire hhSmithy team